+- +-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 42
Latest: eranda
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 9536
Total Topics: 234
Most Online Today: 11
Most Online Ever: 52
(November 29, 2017, 04:04:44 am)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: Electric Vehicles  (Read 8078 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

AGelbert

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9341
  • Location: Colchester, Vermont
    • View Profile
    • Agelbert Truth AND Consequences
Re: Electric Vehicles
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »
Tesla Gigafactory ✨

He Said, She Said.  What’s Going On With Tesla Model 3 Battery Production? 

January 26th, 2018 by Steve Hanley

SNIPPET:

Tesla has reacted angrily to a report by CNBC claiming that delays in getting Model 3 production up to speed are the result of shoddy practices at the Gigafactory in Nevada. CNBC reports several employees at that facility have told it the battery packs destined for new Model 3 electric cars are being built by hand by inexperienced workers, leading to delays and waste. Those employees suggest the battery packs that are being made contain defects that could potentially lead to hazardous conditions in the cars.

Full article:

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/01/26/said-said-whats-going-model-3-battery-production/

Great comment!

Quote
Tanstaafl • 2 hours ago

To get this story straight.

Battery cells are produced by Panasonic in GF1.

Battery packs are produced by Tesla in GF1.

Battery pack packing machine did malfunction.

The supplier of the automated battery assembly line "dropped the ball".

This was discovered in June or July.

Panasonic did reassign a few dozen employees to help Tesla fill battery packs by hand, about 50 packs per day.

The first action of Tesla was to rewrite the code for these machines.
Then they had to debug and configure / tune the machines.
These machines with rewritten code came on-line again in mid-December.
The packing machines started to function at low speed, 100-200 packs per day.
Manual filling of battery packs was not needed anymore.

Between Christmas and New year packing machines started to reach 200 per day more often. This is knowledge from Electrek comment sections and Tesla comments, translated in concrete numbers.

This was the big bottleneck that pushed the 5000/week production goal back by three months, twice!

This battery assembly line is probably less than 0.1% of the whole production line, but blocking the other 99.9% to deliver the cars at the speed the other 99.9% is capable of.

You can fault Tesla for not discovering this problem sooner.
But saying Tesla can't produce at volume for this one problem is idiotic.

This CNBC report is about a problem that is solved, it is completely irrelevant.


Aglebert COMMENT: I say this a Koch Brothers 🦀 funded mens rea move (i.e. use the media to tank the stock price with a hit piece full of half truths) to destroy the most successful manufacturer of socially responsible automobiles in history.

The Koch roachs are not limited to our fossil fuel babying government.

Leges         Sine    Moribus     Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
262 Views
Last post December 07, 2014, 01:49:28 am
by AGelbert
3 Replies
267 Views
Last post May 19, 2014, 01:16:07 am
by AGelbert
2 Replies
250 Views
Last post July 11, 2017, 07:11:00 pm
by AGelbert
0 Replies
100 Views
Last post June 01, 2017, 05:52:22 pm
by AGelbert

+-Recent Topics

Money by AGelbert
Today at 09:49:15 pm

Fossil Fuel Propaganda Modus Operandi by AGelbert
Today at 08:16:39 pm

The Big Picture of Renewable Energy Growth by AGelbert
Today at 07:54:25 pm

Global Warming is WITH US by AGelbert
Today at 07:43:04 pm

Fossil Fuel Profits Getting Eaten Alive by Renewable Energy! by AGelbert
Today at 07:30:05 pm

Wind Power by AGelbert
Today at 07:01:57 pm

Gravity Energy Storage - The New Stone Age by AGelbert
Today at 05:43:33 pm

Corruption in Government by AGelbert
May 23, 2018, 10:18:52 pm

War Provocations and Peace Actions by AGelbert
May 22, 2018, 05:38:09 pm

Mechanisms of Prejudice: Hidden and Not Hidden by AGelbert
May 21, 2018, 07:31:22 pm

Free Web Hit Counter By CSS HTML Tutorial